Account Sharing To Catch Region Specific Pokemon

Site-Wide Activity Forums Collecting Pokemon Account Sharing To Catch Region Specific Pokemon

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lewis Lewis 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Carol
    Carol
    Participant

Hi. I’ve been reading about region only pokemon Tauros, Kangasklan,Mr.Mime, Farfetch’d. Heracross and Corsola this morning, and was wondering if I gave my son who lives in Australia my login for pokemon go so he could catch me a Kangasklan if it would work? just wondering. Thanks

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Hi Carol,

I created a new topic for you as it didn’t quite fit the “unavailable Pokemon” topic and will be easier for people searching this topic to find. Hope you don’t mind 😇

Regarding account sharing, I imagine that might contravene the terms and conditions of use, but I’m not sure.

One thing I would be concerned about would be the game registering your location on one place, then teleporting you instantly to another, then back again. This would be detectable and could get you banned.

That said, the other week I was playing with Fake GPS apps to see if I could do exactly that (insert shame smiley here). I feel a bit like it’s cheating and would really rather my Pokemon collection reflected what I’ve achieved naturally, but it’s a bit frustrating that I’m too poor to travel and don’t like leaving the dog (she gets separation anxiety and the kennels are torture for her)… Anyway, my point is that it Pokemon Go detects the use of GPS faking apps. And even though I was careful to ensure that I allowed enough time to legitimately travel to the place I was faking my GPS location, I did accidentally turn my Pokemon Go app on and “teleport” myself from Australia to New Zealand 😲

Fortunately I haven’t yet been banned for this. This may be because they’re not searching for people doing this, or because they only search for people doing this every 6 months (maybe I’ll get banned for having done that in a year’s time?). Or maybe they ignore attempts to do this because they know that you can’t catch Pokemon using Fake GPS apps?

I think you’re way will definitely work, as I’ve seen people sharing accounts locally in NZ when one person’s battery runs out. If I was going to do this, I would definitely not use Pokemon Go on your phone a day before giving your account details to your son and a day after he’s finished with it… Just so it doesn’t look like you’re teleporting around the world and obviously cheating… I know that Niantic have banned people in the past after detecting cheating.

Profile photo of Carol
    Carol
    Participant

Thank you Lewis, I’ll read the terms and condition for pokemon go. I didn’t think it would be cheating but it would make the trading thats suppose to added a big waste of time I suppose. Thanks again.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I don’t think they’ll ever add trading, personally. I’d they did, people would complete their Pokedex in no time, so they’d have to restrict it in some way, such as by making it so you have to be within a certain proximity to trade. However this might put people in risk from stranger danger, and I’m not sure Niantic would want that liability.

I suppose they could restrict it some other way, like by making a new currency (item) that’s hard to get and required for a trade, but then people would likely be upset that it’s too hard to get, or they’d complete their Pokedex too quickly. Obviously completing a Pokedex quickly would mean a lots of customers for Niantic. So I don’t think it’s in their interests to enable trading.

Profile photo of Carol
    Carol
    Participant

I have read the terms of service and No I can’t give out my account password to my son. Trading has been mentioned on a few sites it probably would spoil game.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I can’t see them catching you if you made sure there was plenty of time between logging on 😋

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.