Catching Kangaskhan In New Zealand

Site-Wide Activity Forums Collecting Pokemon Catching Kangaskhan In New Zealand

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lewis Lewis 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I was just wondering if anyone has caught a Kangaskhan yet? I’ve not even seen a shadow of one in my tracker. Also, back when Pokevision worked, I never saw one on there either. From reading about them, you’re only supposed to be able to catch Kangaskhan in Australia or New Zealand.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Also, I noticed that all the supposedly regional Pokemon in Pokemon Go (Kangaskhan, Farfetch’d, Mr. Mime and Tauros) are in the 5km section of the egg hatching charts on the net. Is it possible that you can only catch these Pokemon from hatching 5km eggs in their respective regions?

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Ok, so the more I look into it, the more I believe that Kangaskhan is only available in Australia. Not long ago there was a news article saying that a chap called Jeremy Lai has caught all 141 Pokemon available in NZ. I have 136 and am missing Porygon, Omanyte and it’s evolution, Machamp and Charizard, which will take me to 141 Pokemon.

Additionally none of the people in the forums (this or any other) are saying that they’ve seen anyone who has caught a Kangaskhan in NZ.

It’s my firm belief that Kangaskhan is currently only available in Australia.

Profile photo of Onegun2016
    Onegun2016
    Participant

Hey Lewis

I have seen a few people on facebook comment about catching Kangaskhan’s down in Wellington.
    I also saw one sitting in a Gym in Cambridge a month or so back, so I would hope that they are around somewhere otherwise I have got no hope!!

Also in terms of the eggs, I’ve seen confirmation from Niantic via a twitter question that the regional specific pokemon ARE available in the eggs. The kicker is that the eggs have to be obtained from those specific regions – i.e. Farfetch’d can only hatch from eggs picked up in Asia.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Hi @onegun2016 😃

Could the Kangaskhan have been caught while someone was on holiday? I’m based in Wellington and don’t know anyone who has seen one yet. I hope I’m wrong 😃

Profile photo of Onegun2016
    Onegun2016
    Participant

Hey Lewis

That is entirely possible…
    The more I google the more I suspect your are right in that they are only in Aussie.

I’ve ‘logged a fault’ with Niantic to see if they can confirm/deny it.
    Let’s see if they respond!

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

You’ll have to let us know if Niantic confirm if Kangaskhan is available in new Zealand or not.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

@onegun I read on Niantics support page that they don’t respond to logged faults.

A lot of people visit this thread every month trying to find out if Kangaskhan is available in New Zealand. It seems as though Kangaskhan is not available in NZ, but I urge everyone reading this to lodge a complaint that NZ had no regional Pokemon, to try to get Kangaskhan here too.

Profile photo of Linkva
    Linkva
    Participant

Right at the beginning of playing I saw the shadow of Kangaskhan in Tokoroa. This would have been back in August probably. I couldn’t find it at the time and since then I haven’t seen it again. It was either a super rare spawn or perhaps a later update prohibit them from spawning here again. I def seen it tho which give some hope to either hatching or catching it here in NZ.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

When did you join? Very early on the was a bug that allowed Pokemon to be caught that shouldn’t be, including legendary Pokemon. Perhaps it could have been around then? Or could it have been a shadow of something similar?

Sorry, didn’t read your message properly! Did you see it on your tracker or did it appear in your Pokedex? I have a Farfetch’d in my Pokedex, which I think came from clicking on a gym that had one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.