Defending gyms

Site-Wide Activity Forums Battling Pokemon Defending gyms

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ScoobNZ ScoobNZ 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hanabiramochi
    Hanabiramochi
    Participant

Ok, so I’m already at Lvl12 but still haven’t figured out how to defend my team’s gym. I go to the gym with the same colour as my team, but only get to option to battle. The last gym I went to only had four Pokemon defending.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Unfortunately I decided to join the blue team since there aren’t any other blues around me. Consequently it’s really hard for me to get a gym.

However, I read that you have to battle Pokémon of your same teams color to train them in the gym. This doesn’t level your Pokemon, but instead levels the gym. The Pokemon you station in the gym should defend it.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Last night I captured a gym, for all of about 1 hour before it was taken over…

To defend the gym all you can do is increase the gyms level, which is done by battling your own Pokemon and winning against it (after you put a Pokémon in a gym, click the gym, then the boxing glove on the bottom right).

Profile photo of ScoobNZ
    ScoobNZ
    Participant

You don’t need to have a Pokemon in a gym, before you battle. In fact, you will normally have to battle it first, before you will be able to put your own in there. There needs to be a space for it. You generally have to attack it and for every pokemon you defeat, you will gain Prestige points. Get enough Prestige points to get the gym up to the next level, and a space will open for you. Then when you put your pokemon in, it will appear in the lineup, based on it’s CP. If it’s the highest, it will go straight to the number 1 spot.

You only get to choose one Pokemon to attack the gym with, not 6 like in a battle. Once he is defeated, you have to re-fill his HP using potions and go again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.