Do Nice, Great and Excellent Throws Increase Catch Chance?

Site-Wide Activity Forums Collecting Pokemon Do Nice, Great and Excellent Throws Increase Catch Chance?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lewis Lewis 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Does anyone know if nice, great or excellent throws increase the chance of catching Pokemon?

We know that the smaller the ring, the better the chance of catching the Pokemon is, and that more accurate throws increase the chance. Obviously nice, great and excellent throws are awarded for accuracy when the ring is smaller, but does getting nice, great or excellent throws increase the chance of capture or is this just a side effect?

The reason I wonder is, because of like to know if it’s better to get a nice throw with a big ring, or a normal throw with a very small ring.

It seems though the smaller ring trumps the accuracy of the throw, from what I can tell.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Incidentally, I do think that curve balls improve the capture chance, but are usually bad they’re less accurate as they’re harder to throw.

Of course curve balls are awarded in a way that is unrelated to factors that contribute the quality of the throw and therefore wouldn’t be a double up of a bonus effect towards the capture chance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.