FIX: Our Servers Are Experiencing Issues

Site-Wide Activity Forums Technical Issues FIX: Our Servers Are Experiencing Issues

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lewis Lewis 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

UPDATE: WORKAROUND AVAILABLE FOR THE “OUR SERVERS ARE EXPERIENCING ISSUES” MESSAGE

If you get the “Our servers are experiencing issues” message, you can *sometimes* get around this by closing Pokemon Go, disabling your GPS, then trying again. Once you’ve logged on, enable your GPS again to use the game!

Please share this to help others.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Today I discovered that you can also increase your chances of logging in if you disable your Wi-Fi as well as your GPS. I think that this may be because it’s using the Wi-Fi to try to calculate GPS data, so it’s having the same trouble logging into Pokรƒยฉmon Go that’s created by the GPS being on.

Profile photo of DemolitionSquid
    DemolitionSquid
    Participant

Failing both of these I’ve found that sometimes doing a force stop, clearing game data and restarting can fix it also.

NOTE: That this doesn’t clear any of your progress as that is all saved on their server. Your settings will reset though, like sound might come back on. Also if you have limited data the game will then have to download all your game data again so just be aware of that.

Generally I’ve found if none of these steps work then the server is down.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Unsticking this thread because the issue seems to be fixed now ๐Ÿ™‚

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I’m making this thread sticky again, because it looks like it’s still relevant ๐Ÿ™

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Unsticking this thread because the issues with the servers seem to be fixed again… For now ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.