How To Get Eevee To Evolve Into Something Different

Site-Wide Activity Forums Collecting Pokemon How To Get Eevee To Evolve Into Something Different

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lewis Lewis 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I’ve evolved 2 Eevees now and they’ve both evolved into Jolteons. It could be random chance, but I was wondering if it could have been because of where I was when I evolved them. Maybe if Ih had evolved them by the water, Eevee would have evolved into a vaporeon?

Does anyone have any experience evolving Eevees?

Profile photo of kiwifruit92
    kiwifruit92
    Participant

I evolved 3 Eevees today! The first 2 were Flareons and the last one was a Vaporeon. I think it’s random but I could be wrong!

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I was advised of a Reddit article last night that says:

It would seem that there is in fact a way to force an evolution of your Eevee. The Eevee Brothers from the original anime were named Rainer, Pyro, Sparky and they owned a Vaporeon, Flareon and Jolteon respectively. If you nickname your Eevee either Rainer, Pyro or Sparky, your Eevee will evolve into that desired Eeveelution!

Sparky = Jolteon

Rainer = Vaporeon

Pyro = Flareon

I’d love to test this once I have enough Eevees.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I just tested this, naming an Eevee to Rainer, then excited the Pokemon window and reopened it to evolve my Eevee. Sure enough, it evolved into a Vaporeon.

With this limited data set, is hard to say that you can definitely preprogram your Eevees to evolve into something specific… but it’s looking promising.

Profile photo of ScoobNZ
    ScoobNZ
    Participant

Yep ths works.. I got Flareon from this method last night. Excellent!

Profile photo of DemolitionSquid
    DemolitionSquid
    Participant

It is worth noting that the renaming trick will only work on the first use for each name.
    After that you will be back to random evolutions!

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I’ve used this trick about 5 times so far, with 100% success rate. Perhaps it worked on the first three and the next 2 where just chance?

DemolitionSquid
    Participant

Yeah, well the chances aren’t that bad that it happened by chance for you, 1 in 3 each time…

But both me and my wife have tried to get a Jolteon by renaming it Sparky and have got the other two instead on 3 different occasions. After the first one succeeded that is!

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Actually, the first Eevee I evolved was unnamed and turned into a Jolteon. Which means either the first one just randomly turned into a Jolteon and the rest changed into that because they were named Sparky, or 3 of them were randomly turned into Jolteon (1 in 27 chance) or perhaps the location you are in helps choose the form? (another theory I have)

DemolitionSquid
    Participant

First one would be chance then if you didn’t rename it.

Then I assume you renamed the 2nd and that for the other two it may have worked or may have been chance. I can’t say for sure, all I know is that it didn’t work for us on 3 separate occasions and I’ve read that it only works once for each name.

And its Monday – meaning I can’t deal with probability right now 😛

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Today I evolved an Eevee named Sparky into a Vaporeon from the same location I always evolve them (pretty much). Cancelling out my theory that the evolution of Eevee might be location based.

Seems like it’s random after the 3 first evolutions.

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I’ve heard that naming your Eevee “Sakura” makes it evolve into an Espeon, and naming it “Tamao” makes it evolve into an Umbreon. Has anyone tried this out yet?

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I’ve just tested this out. I evolved an appropriately named Eevee and found it to be correct with one test for each type. I then evolved 15 unnamed Eevees, which all turned into one of the 3 Generation 1 types.

Lesson: Assuming the trick only works once like the Generation 1 renaming trick, you should be careful about what how much IV rating your Eevee has before you make it an Espeon – because it might be hard to get another Espeon!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.