How To Get Special Items In Pokemon Go

Site-Wide Activity Forums Collecting Pokemon How To Get Special Items In Pokemon Go

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jaxx 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Lewis
    Keymaster

I bumped into @heugumper today while on my walk who told me he’d heard that you can get Special Items (Steal Coat, Sun Stone, Kings Rock, Dragon Scale and Up-Grade) from Poke Stops on your seventh day weekly weekly bonus. This is just a theory at the moment, hopefully we will find out tomorrow from Paul and Ricardo after their 7th day bonus.

There is also a theory that you can get Special Items from Poke Stops on non bonus spins, but the chance is super low.

Onegun2016
    Participant

From what I can tell the 7th day spin isn’t guaranteed to get you an evolution item – it’s just a much greater change of getting one.

When I got my 7th day spin I received a Metal Coat and luckily got a 2nd Metal Cost 2 spins later.
    Similar thing happened with my wife (got a single Kings Rock).
    Unfortunately for my friend she hit her 7th day streak over the weekend and got none – needless to say, she was rather frustrated!

Lewis
    Keymaster

Sure enough I didn’t get a special item on my second spin, but I think I must have gotten one on the first spin (I got a Metal Coat from somewhere!).

It’d be good to find out the probability of getting a special item on a 7th day spin, if people want to share their success and failures here, I can collate them?

Onegun2016
    Participant

I’ve had 2 7-day spins since the update, the first gave my a Metal Coat. The 2nd nothing.
    I also managed to randomly pick up a 2nd Metal Coat and a Kings Rock.

Pity I don’t have enough Scyther candy – but I do now have a Steelix and a Politoed 🙂

Lewis
    Keymaster

Thanks Onegun,

So far I’ve acquired 3 special items, none of which from 7th day spins… Though I can’t say for sure that my first 7th day spin didn’t give my first special item because I don’t know where my first one came from.

So far it seems that I’ve done 2 7th day spins with no luck and you’ve done 2 and got one item. Small amount of data showing a 25% chance to get a special item on a 7th day spin.

Keep us informed, it’d be nice to be the ones to work out the probability of getting a special item, before the team at Silph Road sus it out 😜

Jaxx
    Participant

I got the silph road up-grade after my first 7 day spin and have not had any luck since then.

Lewis
    Keymaster

I’ve still not got anything from 7th day spins as yet. I’ve managed to get only 2 special items so far. My current line of thinking is that as people are reporting not getting any special items despite spining loads of Poke Stops, and as I don’t live in town and therefore don’t hit many Poke Stops but already have 2 special items… I’m wondering if you get a special item every x spins with a maximum of 1 per week, or something like that.

Onegun2016
    Participant

Hey Guys

A new update is coming out for Android that will give a random Evolution item on the 7-day ‘First PokéStop of the Day’ streak:

http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/ver-update-032117

No idea if this will stop the random drops but awesome news on guaranteed evo items!!!

Lewis
    Keymaster

Woohoo! Hmmm, I think today might be my 7th day spin. That’d suck lol.

Jaxx
    Participant

Excellent finally a decent update. A random Evo for every 7 day streak guaranteed is great. I wonder which Evo item will end up super rear?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.