Known good maps / apps

Site-Wide Activity Forums Collecting Pokemon Known good maps / apps

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lewis 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ScoobNZ
    Participant

So I’m not into cheating, but since the tracking function doesn’t work too well any more, that’s why I use the maps.

I just want to know that since there has been a lot of server-side changes and old map sites going out of service, what are new ones that have been created that work? Or are there any known good ones that you can create yourself?

I know of one app that runs on my PC which I got from here:

A noobs guide to setting up a personal radar. from pokemongodev

It’s not the most user friendly, and it appears that the scan stops responding after a couple of hours so it has to be reset, but it’s pretty decent.

There’s this one, but it’s buggy as hell, depending on how Niantic’s server-side throttling actions are doing: https://www.fastpokemap.com/

There’s this Android app but I think it may also be quite buggy:

[Android] **Pokiimap** now working again, enjoy! from pokemongodev

Anybody else got good leads on maps / apps / software, to help the PoGo experience?

DemolitionSquid
    Participant

New Site similar to pokevision is working – some what

fastpokemap.com

Lewis
    Keymaster

I couldn’t get fastpokemap to work 🙁

DemolitionSquid
    Participant

Yeah I think its a bit under resourced at the moment – most of the time I can’t get it to work either.
    Might be that too many people know about it now so its experiences server issues.

It was working well when i first heard about it maybe 4 days ago now – so might be worth checking out occasionally.

Lewis
    Keymaster

The trouble is that it’s quite hard to monetize such a service. People don’t want to pay for it and you can’t make it advert funded because you can’t fit the map and adverts on the page in a way that makes both of them successful.

ScoobNZ
    Participant

Yeah, I’d actually be willing to pay a small amount for a map that was good.. I think this is something that Niantic could make a lot of money from. Offer a simple map for possibly nothing, but charge for use to add advanced features like filters, location changing, time to expire etc etc.

This is one I’ve also got to work but it’s hosted locally, so you have to remote into your PC from your mobile device, to view it.

https://github.com/PokemonGoMap/PokemonGo-Map/releases

Apparently there’a way to point your router / gateway so it can be viewed externally, but I haven’t gotten around to look at that.

If it works, then that’s a good option.

PokiiMap on Android is what I’ve been using recently, and it’s been working pretty well.

Lewis
    Keymaster

If it works well and you want to share it, we can do it as an iFrame to the Pokemon Go Nz website? We could even set it up so only members can use it.

Lewis
    Keymaster

Hey all,

Are you guys using Pokemon maps these days?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.