Pokeballs Becoming A Scarce Resource

Site-Wide Activity Forums Collecting Pokemon Pokeballs Becoming A Scarce Resource

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lewis 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lewis
    Keymaster

Has anyone else found that Pokeballs are becoming a scarce resource, or is it just me not visiting the city enough to restock up?

Onegun2016
    Participant

I’m having the same issue.

I don’t think the pokestops are dropping any less balls now, for me it’s the speed cap combined with more pokemon spawning… have to be more picky now and give up after a dumb 100cp rat pops t of 3 balls…

Lewis
    Keymaster

That’s true! Shame that vanilla Poke balls aren’t that good, are expensive in the shop and you can’t buy ultra or great balls.

Feels like we’re missing out, but actually Niantic gave us more by increasing the number of Pokemon.

I think if they released generation 2, it would be fun with this many Pokemon around. You wouldn’t feel bad saving poke balls for Pokemon you didn’t have. The way it is now, all Pokemon are purely for leveling, just about. Since you can have a buddy to get rare candy, and the rest aren’t needed for anything.

Anyone else get the feeling they’re trying to get us all leveled up to max for some reason? Maybe they’re just trying to reduce the level gap between country and city folk?

Onegun2016
    Participant

You make some valid points, but I guess I’m more cynical.
    In my mind by limiting balls via the speed cap & increase useless pokemon spawns, they are trying to increase revenue through pokeball purchases.
    If it was about leveling up the players wouldn’t they want us to spin more stops and get XP that way?

But then again, they might have some master plan in place that only rewards high level players – like only lvl 30+ players can catch the legendary pokemon?

Lewis
    Keymaster

You have to remember that Niantic is an American company, and will rank one of the highest risks to their company as being sued for causing driving accidents lol, but seriously, it’s true! 😃

Certainly they’ll be happy to make poke balls a limited resources so they can sell more… But $1.50 for 20 is ridiculous, when 20 poke balls equates to about 6 weak Pokemon.

Lewis
    Keymaster

It’s be interesting to see what people buy with real cash when they buy Pokemon coins.

Lewis
    Keymaster

I think you’re probably also right about the legendary catches being available to higher level players. I think they’ll use that to maintain the grind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.