Pokemon Go Battery Saver Setting

Site-Wide Activity Forums General Discussion Pokemon Go Battery Saver Setting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lewis 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lewis
    Keymaster

There’s a tickbox in the Pokemon Go Settings menu called Battery Saver. Does anyone know what this does? There must be some downside to having the battery saver setting turned on (like less connections back to the server or something?), otherwise why wouldn’t it be on by default?

Lewis
    Keymaster

Ok, so a bit more research, I found out what the Battery Saver tickbox does in Pokemon Go (something that @scoobnz had told me about a month ago but I forgot!). It turns on the Pokemon Go screensaver when you turn the phone upside down.

I also found out why it’s not on by default: It’s buggy. The screensaver causes Pokemon Go to crash (application hang), which wasn’t a problem since it was still detecting Pokemon and clocking up kilometres on my eggs. I would simply have to restart Pokemon Go when I came across a Pokemon I wanted to catch.

The problem came when I hatched an egg while the app was frozen. I lost all the kilometres I’d clocked up in the egg and didn’t get the hatched Pokemon 🙁

I’ve since been using the application with the Battery Saver turned off. At least that way I won’t have any issues.

ScoobNZ
    Participant

Is this on iOS? An update this morning advises that this issue has been resolved on iOS, and it’s been re-enabled.

Lewis
    Keymaster

I had the issue on Android with the latest update of Pokemon Go.

Lewis
    Keymaster

Correction: I was using version 0.31.0. I see today that there’s another update. Perhaps this will fix it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.