Pokemon Go One Year Anniversary

Site-Wide Activity Forums General Discussion Pokemon Go One Year Anniversary

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lewis Lewis 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

It’s coming up to the one year anniversary of Pokemon Go. I’m guessing something big is coming. Maybe Legendary Pokemon? Perhaps Mew or Mew 2? It seems a little soon for Gen 3.

Does anyone know the exact date of the anniversary?

Profile photo of Jaxx
    Jaxx
    Participant

6- 7- 2017

mew would be cool but think that PVP or trading may be release then

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

I can’t see them ever introducing trading. Allowing anyone to trade with anyone anywhere would mean that people could complete their collections too quickly (unless they limit trades by introducing a trade currency). Also if they make people have to be within a proximity to trade, there are too many liabilities with matching perverts with kids.

What do you think they might do with PvP?

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

That said, I’d they do enable trading in Pokemon Go, I’ve got some great ideas for the website to help people trade…

Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

Hi all,

The news is out on the Pokemon Go 1 year anniversary. Here’s what Niantic have announced:

• Pokemon Go Fest Chicago
    • There will be in-game events coming in the next few months
    • Solstice Event, hosting an abundance of fire and ice Pokemon, huge XP bonuses for throwing Poké Balls accurately, and discounted Lucky Eggs
    • Pikachu outbreak in Japan
    • There will be new features coming out, that will get people outside more
    • Gyms will be disabled in preparation for the events

So stock up on poke coins, because you presumably aren’t going to be able to get any more for the next month or so, while Niantic try to “lure” you into making discounted purchases in the shop.

I have a feeling there might be a legendary Pokemon appearing in Chicago during Pokémon Go Fest.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.