Special Item Probability

Site-Wide Activity Forums General Discussion Special Item Probability

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jaxx 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Lewis
    Keymaster

Does anyone want to help me work out the probability of getting each type of special item? If so, just list the number of each type of special item you get (starting from the guaranteed 7th day spin update) as a reply to this thread and I’ll update the probability table.

Special Item Amount Probability
    Metal Coat 4 23.5%
    Up-Grade 5 29.4%
    Sun Stone 3 27.6%
    Dragon Scale 2 11.8%
    King’s Rock 3 17.6%

I will also keep track of the number of each type of special item each of us gets, which will help us see if special items are biome / geographically effected.

Jaxx
    Participant

first 7 day up-grade
    second 7 day sun stone
    (got another up grade 2 spins later)

Jaxx
    Participant

3rd 7 day Dragon Scale

Lewis
    Keymaster

Uploaded more data and incorperated the data from @jaxx

Carol
    Participant

First 7th day I got Sun Stone
    Second 7th day few pokeshops later I got King’s Rock.
    My third 7th day comes up this Tuesday.

Lewis
    Keymaster

Thanks @carol

I’ve updated the table. Still a small amount of data, but it’s starting to look like the lowest probability is the Dragon Scale and Kings Rock.

Carol
    Participant

Hi Lewis
    This morning on my pokeball run I got another King Stone and a Dragon Scale seems random because tomorrow is my 7th day. I do however have to walk round in circles just to collect enough balls being a small town sometimes 5 to 15km a day.

Lewis
    Keymaster

Thanks @carol.

I’ve updated the probability based on everyone’s input. It’s still a small data set, but it’s looking like the chance of getting any particular special item is pretty even so far.

Lara
    Participant

Every single one has been the Metal Coat. Those along with random ones from poke stops means I have 5. I need a kings rock and a sun stone but I keep getting these (useless to me) metal coats!

Lewis
    Keymaster

If you give me a full list of the special items you got, I will add your data to the list 😃

Jaxx
    Participant

kings rock this time round

Jaxx
    Participant

Got a random up-grade today

Lewis
    Keymaster

Added in the latest data. Anecdotally it does seem as though Metal Coat and Up-Grade are the more common special items.

Lewis
    Keymaster

I got a Dragon Scale and an Up-Grade, which I’ll add to the data later 😃

Lewis
    Keymaster

Kings Rock the other day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.