Tracking Pokemon Locations

Site-Wide Activity Forums Collecting Pokemon Tracking Pokemon Locations

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lewis Lewis 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lewis
    Lewis
    Keymaster

So last week, Niantic shut down Pokemon tracking websites like PokeVision and Poke Radar. They said that this was because they didn’t want people cheating to find rare Pokemon.

I’m not sure how I feel about this exactly, since they built an in game tracking system that did exactly this, but didn’t work. Ok, those websites showed you where Pokemon where further away from you, but the reality is that you couldn’t use it to cheat because you’d never be able to get to the rate Pokemon in time before it despawned anyway. So those sites where effectively the Pokemon tracking system that was always meant to be.

Ok, they were more precise, so not exactly in the spirit of things, but not so evil to be considered a heinous cheat.

What I think is interesting is that in this last week, myself and a couple of others have noticed Pokemon appearing where they previously hadn’t.

Therefore I think that there might be something else going on there. Perhaps the real motivation was to stop people identifying where Pokemon can be typically found.

The plus side of it, is that this should revivify the Pokemon locations thread I started in the Wellington forum… Which is good because this will attract more people to our forum and build a stronger community so we can do cooler stuff, like group walks, Pokemon tramping (future meet up idea), Pokemon pub crawls, collaborative gym battles and preparing a group for upcoming special events that will likely require team efforts like catching Mew and Mewtwo!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.